Video is fast becoming one of the most important marketing tools when it comes to marketing a
property, attracting an emotional connection and increasing online engagement from both vendors
To ensure you are presenting premium and engaging videos in market, we have prepared some
advice and things to think about before and during the filming to ensure we maximize the time we
have with you and the home to get this perfect!
Things to keep in mind..
- Be Punctual
Our filming crew will be ready and waiting for you at
the scheduled time. Please note that a late start will
limit the time we have to film so being early or on
time will help achieve the best results
- Style Property
It is your responsibility to make sure that the property is
prepared and ready for us to film when we arrive (e.g.
cables are neatly tucked in, rooms are not cluttered,
the lawn is nicely trimmed, beds are made etc.).
For more advice please refer to DIAKRIT’s Prepare
your home for Photoshoot Checklist.
- Weather Conditions
One of the greatest obstacles when filming is bad
weather. Always make sure you check the weather
forecast before locking in the date/time for us to film
the property. Although weather can be unpredictable,
it can the inconvenience of having to reschedule.
- Trust us!
We have produced thousands of videos and take pride
in helping you market your properties to the highest
standards. On the day we will guide you through what
to expect and advise you on the best way to present
both the property and yourself.
Things to keep in mind..
- Preparation is key
Preparing your script or even a handful of key points
you want to get across will make you feel more
relaxed on the day and appear more confident on
camera. Remember it doesn’t need to be a full script
but something to use a reference point to calm the
- Examples of topics to cover:
- Introduce yourself and tell us where we are today
- What is unique about this property, what will new
- Tell me about the living areas of the home
- Are there any special features of the property - new
kitchen, bathroom, large master etc.?
- Talk to be about the location, what does it offer?
- Finally, a call to action
- Script Example
- Welcome to 17 Wallan Street Brighton a magnificent property we have for you today by private sale. My name is ____________ let’s
go through and take a look.
- Welcome to the formal zone of the home, the beautiful dining room coming through to a stunning lounge with beautiful stained glass
windows, magnificent marble fireplace, the breathtaking high ceilings. This home has so much charm.
- This amazing life filled kitchen boasts caesar-stone bench-tops, Miele appliances and it walks into a magnificent family room with a
real open fire place overlooking the pool and alfresco dining areas. This is truly the heartbeat of the home.
- Thank for coming on this tour, I think you’ll agree that it is a magnificent home and I can’t wait to meet the new owners who are going
to call this property their home. If you’d like to come for an inspection give us a call
- What to wear
- Clothing is one of the simplest but often forgotten elements of being in front of camera. One of the most important things is to present
yourself in the way you want to be viewed. If this means corporate and professional then a suit and tie is appropriate. If you wish to
come across as more casual then dress accordingly.
- Another important aspect to consider is how certain clothing appears on camera. Good options are solid block colours or large
patterns. Stripes and elaborate patterns can cause sensor issues and all sorts of visual distractions!
- Hair & Makeup
- Gone are the days when both men and women had to wear heavy makeup to look alive on video. Today's cameras are very sensitive and generally
recreate colour very well. Makeup is primarily a means by which you can choose to even out skin tone and add a bit more color to your face.
- Men can use a light base coat a shade darker than normal skin color, to even out skin tone and reduce the shine on cheeks, forehead and nose. A
good shave before filming will prevent or reduce the look of the five o'clock shadow. Any facial hair should be neatly trimmed - again, remember the
way you want to be viewed.
- For women, normal day to day makeup is fine. Women should avoid dark reds and maroon-colored eye shadows, lip gloss and rouge, because the
camera has a tendency to accentuate the blues in these colors, which will in turn become darker and be overly emphasized. Always make sure you
wear makeup that is not only appropriate how you want to be viewed, but also for your particular skin tone and natural coloring.
And Action! When Presenting on camera..
- Take direction
Our videographers have many years experience filming videos and knows what it takes to make you look great on camera. During your
shoot they will often give you direction to help with your performance on camera, don’t take this personally! Its our job to make sure we
get the perfect take with the energy and content to produce the best video we can for you.
AND FINALLY…When presenting on camera
- Enjoy yourself!
Video production is an exciting thing to be apart of. Enjoying your experience is key to appearing well on camera. One of the magical
things when creating a video is the editing process, which allows us to combine all your best takes into the perfect video!
If you are still nervous or have any questions relating to your shoot don’t hesitate to contact us and we will help you prepare yourself for
your camera debut!